tirsdag 9. oktober 2007

October pink

One of my friends is really in the pink this month. She has been through a lot this summer, - first a breast cancer operation, then radiation treatment, - and now she wants to celebrate the fact that she no longer has cancer, by throwing a big party.

As a former cancer patient her early celebration scares me a bit. I very much understand her wish to announce to the world that she no longer has cancer. That she no longer is ill. That all that shit is behind her - but, it is so early. Why tempt fate. Whisper it around, - don't shout. We all remember our other friend who did just the same thing - and them we buried her last year. I don't want this happening again. And - I am slapping my fingers as I write this, - because this is not for me to say. This is not about me. And I am not superstitious - or, I don't want to be superstitious. But this scares me.

Well, - good for her. Really it is fine that she is so happy, so secure, so confident. She has not dropped into the pit of depression that I did. - I did, but did not recognize it myself. Fortunately the pit was not too deep, - and I had people around me who recognized the symptoms and helped me find professional help to climb back up.

For the party we are to wear pink, - and to bring a gift nicely wrapped. I already bought my gift - it is beautifully wrapped - but not in pink. But it will give someone a nice glimmer ...

Ingen kommentarer: